The Sierra Writers Conference is the first of the new year!
The theme is Process: Pre-write to Promotion.
Writers All … come to the Sierra Writers Conference to work on your process, join a community of writers, and participate in professional critique sessions. Join us for a day of learning, sharing, growing and being inspired to craft your words into the stories, articles and books that only you can write.
Jan 26, 9:15 AM – 4:15 PM
9:15: Doors Open
10:00: Introduction by Sierra Writers and Sierra College
- Mary Volmer: “The Cat and the Pickle Dish: Creating Compelling Narratives Using Details Foreign and Familiar”
- Gene Bergson: “Black Thy Page”
- Betsy Fasbinder: “From Page to Stage: Public Speaking Tips for Writers Before, During, and After Publication. OR From Page to Stage: Tips to Instantly Improve Your Public Speaking”
- Julie Baker: “Audience Development: How to Build and Earn the Audience for Your Writing.”
- Sands Hall: “Fictional Techniques for the Memoirist”
- Larry Gold: “Lessons Learned after Writing Eighteen Novels”
- Patricia Dove Miller: “Spilling Family Secrets”
- Catharine Bramkamp: “Process: Turn Personal Stories into Compelling Fiction”
12:45–1:30: LUNCH WITH THE AUTHORS
1:30–2:30: Josh Weil, Keynote Speaker – “Into Your Fear: Writing What Scares You”
2:45–4:15: Critique Workshops
NCC Campus N12 (Multipurpose Center)
250 Sierra College Dr., Grass Valley, CA 95945
$45 early bird and $20 for afternoon critique workshops. After Jan. 15th (full-day general admission) $65 and $20 for afternoon critique workshops. $15 for students early or at the door.
Contact – Lynette Vrooman, firstname.lastname@example.org
https://sites.google.com/view/sierrawritersconference2019/home to find out more.