Promotion options – what works best for your book? What approach will reach your intended audience?
As a writing coach, I specialize in bringing my clients from from idea to published book to promotion. I’ve produced 200 episodes of the writing podcast, Newbie Writers and have served a dozen clients as their Chief Storytelling Officer. It’s a thing. And it can be your thing too. What is involved in promotion? Take a look.
Your book Cover – what works
Who to hire and why
Why we create the cover while still editing the MS
- Yeah, you need one. I recommend WordPress a platform that most hosting sites (like Register.com, Go Daddy, and the like) interface with.
- Register your site in your name.
- We work to create the site and upload all the appropriate materials to make you not only real online, but friendly as well as professional
How do you get the word out about your book? I work with you to create an editorial calendar that breaks down all the steps for an effective marketing campaign for your book. And no, a dozen tweets “Buy My Book” is not promotion.
When it comes to promotion, the possible is often overwhelming. I often recommend the probable. What will you actually do? Yes, and what can you hire me to do?
- Book Promotion
- Know you Reader
- Your reader may not be found in a book store
- Your relationship with the local bookseller
- Be a Friend of the library
- Gather Social Proof
- Create a Newsletter
- Gather subscribers
- Guest on Podcasts
- Write Guest Blogs
- Feed Your own blog
- Your own podcast
- Speaking opportunities
- Social Media advertising
- Facebook ads
- Pinterest ads
- Instagram ads
- Reviews – the long game
- Social Media How-To